Monday, December 28, 2015

12/28

Cold feet this morning.  And I wonder of all the times I've had cold feet.  Of all the times I've stalled out.  Reversed.  High tailed it out of there.  Of all the times I've felt what I was doing was wrong.

The profession.  The hobby.  The apartment.  The relationship.  The focus; goal.  Perspective.  Motivation.  The faith.  The will to push past the failures and move forward.  Move on.

Cold feet every time.  

I've had it when receiving a raise in a vocational position or receiving more responsibility from a hobby.  When exploring a deeper level of intimacy with a partner or analyzing information for future decisions and debating the feasibility and benefits of those decisions.  When broadening the view of my life.  Changing.  Evolving.  Culminating.

Cold feet.  

And I suppose this allows for easy travel.  A possibility for more experiences.  Granted, they are more than likely less rich experiences, but there are more of them.  More waters in which to dip more toes.  More lakes to skim the surface of.  More ponds to ripple with a finger.  More streams to step above.  Droplets to balance on my tongue.

Almost seems like less and less.

No comments:

Post a Comment